Nelson Hardiman champions compliance standards for addiction and recovery treatment providers. We led the launch of the Behavioral Health Association of Providers to establish guidelines for addiction and recovery professionals to operate ethically and comply with industry standards. We guide addiction treatment providers through regulatory and reimbursement challenges and make sure our clients stay on top of the ever-changing standards impacting the industry.
We have worked closely with the widest range of addiction and recovery treatment providers, giving strategic advice on new opportunities and advising on business and regulatory matters. Recently, addiction parity laws and the burgeoning opioid crisis have fueled unprecedented growth in addiction treatment providers, precipitating the launch of new facilities and the growth of existing providers. We are on the ground floor, helping clients deal with these and other issues impacting the treatment industry.
Our Work Includes:
- Compliance Assisted national substance abuse recovery organization with compliance program design, implementation, and extensive state-level certification and licensure.
- Compliance Oversaw Medicare Part C compliance for addiction treatment service.
- Regulatory Assisted drug and alcohol rehabilitation center with navigating several state’s laws and regulations governing the storing and administration of Naloxone, a drug used to resuscitate individuals experiencing an opioid overdose.
- Regulatory and Reimbursement Developed addiction treatment regulatory and reimbursement strategy for professional supervision, scope of practice, and operational compliance issues.
- Reimbursement Advised scores of facilities on reimbursement compliance in addiction treatment.
- Standards of Care Developed 30-state guidance document on clinical standards of care, scope of practice, supervision of personnel and operational requirements for addiction treatment.
- Whistleblower Defense. Settled a potentially large whistle-blower lawsuit on behalf of an addiction treatment facility.