From the fabled cannabis farms in the north to the “green rush” in the Sierra foothill counties, navigating the complexities of conflicting local, state and federal marijuana laws is no easy task. We have worked with multiple jurisdictions on marijuana regulations. We represent individual growers, property owners and investors who finance marijuana businesses from the ground up. Nelson Hardiman attorneys have the in-depth industry experience and nuanced understanding of laws in transition that cannabis cultivators need to navigate growth opportunities while mitigating the inherent risks in the burgeoning cannabis industry.
Our Work Includes:
- Compliance Programs Prepared an operating plan and compliance program for a medical marijuana dispensary in connection with a license application.
- Investors Worked on many sophisticated transactions, advising clients on M&A deals, partnership disputes, and litigation involving regulatory violations.
- Land Acquisition Completed the land acquisition on behalf of a client of a several hundred acre ranch in Humboldt County for a marijuana venture.
- Licensing Co-founder of MMLG, a compliance consulting company specializing in navigating state and local licensing processes for cannabis-related businesses.
- Start-ups Advised on raising capital to fund business start-up, growth and operations.
- Unlawful Seizure Obtained a court order for the Los Angeles Police Department to return $100,000 bail payment that was unlawfully seized along with unlawfully seized medical marijuana.