Nelson Hardiman is at the forefront of issues affecting the diagnostic imaging and testing industry and provides legal representation across the full spectrum of business regulatory and compliance issues. As the government continues to investigate and prosecute fraud and abuse within the diagnostic imaging and testing arena, we ensure that facilities rise to the challenge of maintaining compliance across a multitude of coverage, billing and coding rules and regulations.
Our experienced attorneys are masters of regulatory compliance. We understand and advise on the issues impacting the diagnostic imaging and testing industry as facilities work to control cost, integrate delivery systems and adapt to industry-wide changes fueled by increasingly stringent anti-fraud efforts. We provide our clients with essential counsel to stay in synch with the shifting regulatory climate and represent our clients before a variety of state and federal agencies, giving them peace of mind and a clean bill of regulatory health.
Our Work Includes:
- False Claims Act Successfully defended a histocompatibility laboratory against a whistleblower charge of Medicare claims for duplicative and redundant tests to determine the risk that a kidney transplant would be rejected.
- Fraud & Abuse Successfully defended Special Investigative Unit (SIU) investigation brought by insurance carrier alleging worker’s compensation billing fraud on behalf of prominent imaging facility.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Developed 50 state post-acquisition regulatory filing plan for large diagnostics company.
- Reimbursement Represented diagnostic imaging and testing providers on reimbursement audits and investigations by private and government payors.
- Stark & Anti-Kickback Statute Counseled on compliance issues for diagnostic imaging companies.
- Teleradiology Compliance Advised national teleradiology provider on compliance program for corporate practice of medicine issues in all “corporate practice” states.