Nelson Hardiman represents physicians who specialize in aesthetic medicine. We are known for our deep experience and successful track record in accomplishing the goals of our aesthetic medicine providers and medical spa clients. We counsel on business issues, protect against regulatory investigations, and defend high stakes litigation.
Our attorneys understand the legal issues impacting aesthetic medicine providers and handle the most sensitive challenges. We establish compliance programs in response to government investigations and defend against Medical Board accusations. And because California’s ramped-up enforcement measures focus on illegal ownership structures and regulatory concerns, we thoroughly review the corporate and operational structures of our aesthetic medicine provider clients to ensure compliance with the state’s regulatory environment. Whatever the challenge, Nelson Hardiman has the experience and resources to resolve the problems, issues and concerns of aesthetic medicine providers.
Our Work Includes:
- Audit Risk Assessment Performed an audit risk assessment on Stark and Anti-Kickback Statute compliance for a MediSpa contracting for aesthetic medicine services.
- Compliance Advised a prominent anti-aging and integrative healthcare provider on standard of care, informed consent and patient agreements, marketing claims, and HIPAA compliance.
- Corporate Structure Advised on corporate entity formation, together with governance documents to support regular business operations, financing, and merger for an aesthetic medicine specialty business.
- Licensure Handled related license/credentialing appeals for a provider of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures.
- Litigation Defended business and employment litigation and partnership disputes for a non-invasive aesthetic medicine practice with multiple locations in Southern California.
- Management Companies Set-up management companies to assist with management and financing for MediSpas and related entities.
- Medical Board Investigation Defended Medical Board investigation for a MediSpa company concerning allegations of insufficient physician supervision of aesthetic medicine procedures.
- HIPAA and Information Security Counseled several consumer medicine providers on HIPAA and state health information privacy laws and development of privacy compliance programs.